Study this source carefully. There are details in this source that will help you to answer the key question. As you study the source, ask yourself:
- What question do you think the British have asked the German Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs?
- What was the response of the Secretary?
- What does this document tell you about relations between Germany and Belgium?
- Does this telegram give the impression that the British are concerned about Belgium?
- Is it possible to say whether concerns about Belgium were for Belgium's sake or for Britain's?