- Inset sessions
- Online CPD
- Project resources
- Sussex teacher scholar resources
- Roehampton MA resources
- Transatlantic Teachers resources 2011
- Witnessing the African Slave Trade
- What does a slave rebellion look like?
- Was 1807 really the end of the slave trade?
- Remembering victims of the slave trade
- Lick and lock up done wid
- How proud can Britain be?
- How powerful were slaves?
- How important were Africans to the Atlantic slave trade?
- Childhood slavery in North Africa
- 3 doors into 33,000 voyages
Transatlantic Teachers resources 2011
Teachers participating in The National Archives and University of Virginia's Transatlantic Teachers programme in 2011 produced a series of resources examining various aspects of the transatlantic slave trade. These include detailed lesson plans, powerpoints for use in the classroom, contextual notes and student handouts.
We are making these resources, produced by and for UK teachers, available in the pages below and we hope anyone teaching the period finds them useful.
If you have used documents from The National Archives in your classroom or have lesson ideas you would like to pursue feel free to contact us.