- The Secretary of State for War is Winston Churchill.
- General Denikin was one of the commanders of the White forces. He was a bitter
enemy of the Bolsheviks. He wanted to put the Tsar back in power in Russia.
- Denikin's forces operated mainly in Western Russia and the Ukraine.
- Lenin was the overall leader of the Bolsheviks (Communists). Trotsky was in
charge of the Communist war effort.
- Admiral Kolchak also wanted to put the Tsar back in power in Russia. His forces
operated in Southern and Eastern Russia, a long way to the East of Denikin's