At end of the First World War, Russia and Turkey still posed problems for the British. In Russia the Bolsheviks had seized power, and in Turkey Mustafa Kemal was attempting to build an independent Turkey from the Ottoman Caliphate.
Search using Ottoman empire Treaty of Sevres Anti-Bolshevik forces
- Alston, C., British journalism and the campaign for intervention in the Russian civil war, 1918-1920 In Revolutionary Russia, 20 (1) pp. 35-49 (2007)
- Darwin, J.G., The Chanak crisis and the British cabinet In History, 65 (213) pp. 32-48 (1980)
- Ferris, J.R., "Far too dangerous a gamble"? British intelligence and policy during the Chanak Crisis, September-October 1922 In Diplomacy & Statecraft, 14 (2) pp. 139-184 (2003)
- Kinvig, C., Churchill's crusade: the British invasion of Russia, 1918-1920 (London: Continuum, 2006)
- Laird, M., Wars averted: Chanak 1922, Burma 1945-47, Berlin 1948 Journal of Strategic Studies, 19 (3) pp. 343-364 (1996)