Southbank Centre Archive
Archon Code : 2881
Royal Festival Hall|
South Bank Centre
Tel: 020 7921 0713
Fax: 020 7928 0063
|Online map: streetmap|
- Open : Currently closed - see note below
- Book in advance
- Wheelchair access
- Contains the archive of the Royal Festival Hall, the Queen Elizabeth Hall and Purcell Room as well as the foyer and exterior spaces such as the Jubilee Gardens.
- Though founded in 1993, the archive has inherited a rich collection of concert programmes and photographs depicting the earlier history of the hall.
The archive also contains some material relating to the Festival of Britain, exhibitions held at the South Bank Centre, artefacts and furniture.
- The Hayward Gallery has a separate archive.
- Since 2009 Southbank Centre has been embarking on a strategic development plan for the archive's future organisation and access. To enable the next stage of this plan to be carried out the archive is currently closed to public enquiries. This temporary closure will allow essential intensive work to be carried out on Southbank Centre Archive which will facilitate meaningful access to the materials for the public in future years including the archives use in participatory projects.
Southbank Centre apologise for any disappointment and inconvenience this may cause but they look forward to welcoming your enquiries in the future.
- Proof of identity required
NRA information for this repository
The NRA indexes contain the following entries for this repository :
Online finding aids for this repository
Link to repository's catalogue
Link(s) to networks :
Last amended : 22-Dec-2011 14:33