Manchester Archives and Local Studies
Archon Code : 127
56 Marshall Street|
Tel: 0161 832 5284
Fax: 0161 839 3808
|Online map: streetmap|
|Archives+ Manager :
- Open : M, Tu, Th, 9-5; 2nd and 4th Sa of the month 9-5
- Closed : Closed Wednesdays and Fridays
- Book in advance
- Readers ticket required
- Member of CARN scheme
- Wheelchair access
- Please note that from Sept 2013 the Manchester Room at City Library and the Greater Manchester County Record Office will close temporarily until Spring 2014. For more information please see their website
- An appointment is essential. For collections stored on-site, all requests must be received by 12 noon on the working day prior to your visit. Please note that some collections are kept off site and we require 2 weeks' notice in order to retrieve them.
- Microfilm/microfiche, computer and local studies collections are available at The Manchester Room@City Library, Elliot House, 151 Deansgate (at the junction of Lloyd Street ), Manchester, M3 2HN, tel: 0161 234 1979
Opening hours: M-Th 9-8, F & Sat 9-5pm.
Please note that we recommend you book a microform machine in advance.
- The online catalogue is available on the website.
- Proof of identity required
NRA information for this repository
The NRA indexes contain the following entries for this repository :
Online finding aids for this repository
Link to repository's catalogue
Link(s) to networks :
Last amended : 10-May-2013 10:24