- Fundraising strategy
- Public sources and lottery
- Private sources
- Generating income
- Current funding opportunities
- Cataloguing Grants Programme
Government and statutory funding
Arts Council England (ACE) manages a number of cultural projects, programmes and initiatives open to archives. The ACE/V&A Purchase Grant Fund contributes to acquiring objects relating to the arts, literature and history by museums, galleries, record repositories and specialist libraries in England and Wales, which are not funded by central government.
Archive services within the higher education sector, and/or with university partners have been successful at bidding for funding from a number of bodies supporting education and research objectives, including higher education research councils.
Archive services in Wales should contact the Welsh Government CyMAL: Museums Archives Libraries Wales about their grant programmes.
Other useful sources of information include:
- Arts Council England PRISM Fund
- Arts and Humanities Research Council
- Economic and Social Research Council
- Grants for the arts
- National Endowment for Science, Technology and the Arts (NESTA)