- Architecture, building and construction records
- Your toolkit
- Archive Pace Setters
- Digitisation consortium
- Family and estate records
- Finding Archives
- Funding the archives sector
- London 2012
- Manorial Documents Register
- Opening Up Archives
- Archiving the arts
Funding the archives sector
Funding the archives sector research report
The National Archives and the International Centre for Archives and Records Management Research and User Studies (ICARUS) at University College London have undertaken a research project to investigate the current funding landscape of the UK archives sector.
The project aims were to investigate:
- how archives in the UK are funded
- what funding resources are underdeveloped within the sector
- what advice and training support can be delivered by The National Archives to improve access to funding resources
The project advisory group included representatives from The National Archives, University College London, CyMAL: Museums, Archives and Libraries Wales (a division of the Welsh Government), and the Archives & Records Association.
The research report is now available here:
Executive summary (PDF, 0.27Mb)
Full report (PDF, 1.06Mb)
1. Literature review (PDF, 0.15Mb)
2. Survey questions (PDF, 0.03Mb)
3. and 4. Focus group session plan and Bibliography (PDF, 0.21Mb)
The National Archives and strategic partners will be considering the report findings and recommendations in shaping future development support.
For advice on funding and fundraising strategies go to the Finding funding section of the website.
For more information about the project, please contact the Programme Manager (Development Advice).
This page contains PDF files. See plug-ins and file formats for help in accessing these file types.