The National Archives is free to visit and open to all
Join us on the first Sunday of every month and explore our building, our picturesque gardens and discover a new side to The National Archives.
On First Sundays, visitors are invited to:
- take a free guided tour of our current exhibition, Protect and Survive: Britain’s Cold War Revealed
- relax over lunch in our well-stocked cafe
- check out the amazing gifts in our shop
- take part in our Time Travel Club family trail
- have fun on an interactive family spy mission
- enjoy a walk around our gardens
Booking is not required for First Sundays and everyone is welcome, although some activities may require advance booking to avoid disappointment.
Richmond Card Holders are entitled to one free tea or coffee (per card holder).
Doors open 11:00 to 16:00 on the first Sunday of every month. There is a flat car parking fee of £2.50 for the day.
Our reading rooms and enquiry services will not be open for First Sundays events.