The National Archives is free to visit and open to all
Join us on the first Sunday of every month and explore our building, our picturesque gardens and discover a new side to The National Archives.
On First Sundays, visitors are invited to:
- take a free guided tour of our current exhibition, Protect and Survive: Britain’s Cold War Revealed
- relax over lunch in our well-stocked cafe
- check out the amazing gifts in our shop
- take part in our Time Travel Club family trail
- have fun on an interactive family spy mission
- enjoy a walk around our gardens
Booking is not required for First Sundays and everyone is welcome, although some activities may require advance booking to avoid disappointment.
Doors open 11:00 to 16:00 on the first Sunday of every month. There is a flat car parking fee of £2.50 for the day.
Our reading rooms and enquiry services will not be open for First Sunday events.