- Who we are
- Executive team
- Management Board
- Boards and advisory groups
- Plans, policies, performance and projects
- Research and scholarship
- Collection care
- Advisory Council
- Advisory Panel on Public Sector Information
Find details of our latest projects, covering a variety of topics and sectors.
See our latest projects to improve and enhance the catalogue.Find out about our replacement system for the Catalogue: Discovery. Discovery makes it easier for everyone to search and use our collection, from first-time users to experienced researchers.
Find out how the government will move towards releasing records when they are 20 years old, instead of 30 years old.
Colonial administration recordsFind out about the transfer and release of colonial administration records, referred to as the 'migrated archives', between April 2012 and November 2013.
Traces through timeFind out more about the Traces Through Time project which enables historic data to be explored in ways that were not imagined when the records were created.
Collection care projects
See the research we are undertaking on the conservation and preservation of documents.
Digital preservation projects
See our latest collaborations in the area of digital preservation.
Resource enhancement projects
The National Archives has been involved with a number of innovative projects to make our historical sources more accessible:
- Bomb Sight: Mapping the World War Two London Blitz bomb census
- Calendar of Fine Rolls Henry III,1216- 1248
- Calendar or Patent Rolls Elizabeth I, 1583-1603
- Calendar of Medieval Inquisitions Post Mortem Henry VI, 1432-1442
- Records of Central Government Taxation in England, 1190-1690
Funding Research Project
The National Archives and the Internation Centre for Archives and Records Management Research and User Studies (ICARUS) at University College London are undertaking a research project to investigate the current landscape of funding of the UK archive sector. Find out more about the project.