Our organisation’s structure
See our organisational chart down to head of department level below.
Our organisational structure (PPT, 600 KB)
Staff engagement survey
The Civil Service People Survey took place during October 2016 and involved 98 organisations across the Civil Service. A key element of the survey is the ‘Employee Engagement Index’. This is a measure of how engaged employees are with their work and it is calculated from responses to five of the key questions in the people survey:
- I am proud when I tell others I am part of The National Archives
- I would recommend The National Archives as a great place to work
- I feel a strong personal attachment to The National Archives
- The National Archives inspires me to do the best in my job
- The National Archives motivates me to help it achieve its objectives
- Research in the private and public sector suggests organisations with high levels of engagement are more efficient and effective. The National Archives’ Employee Engagement Index was calculated at 68% this year. This classes The National Archives as a Civil Service High Performer.
Staff engagement survey results 2016 (PDF, 0.58 MB)
Staff sick absences
View figures relating to National Archives staff sick absences below. Content provided in this section is additional to that required by the Government’s transparency commitments.
Staff sickness levels (XLS, 36 KB)
See information below about staff self-declaring ethnicity, the number of women working at the National Archives along with those in senior positions, and numbers of staff self-declaring disability. Content provided in this section is additional to that required by the Government’s transparency commitments.
Staff diversity: 2016-17 (XLS, 50 KB)
Staff diversity: 2015-16 (XLS, 54 KB)
Staff diversity: 2014-15 (XLS, 52 KB)