Find an archive in Discovery, our catalogue
Our newly released Find an archive service allows users to search for archives by location or keyword.
- find contact details and information about visiting an archive
- see a summary of what collections are held by an archive, as noted within Discovery
- use a map based search to see what archives are in their local area or place of interest
- browse archives by country – for archives with a significant collection of records relating to the UK
Archives services can:
- use Find an archive to promote their service and reach new users who have accessed their collections using Discovery
- update changes to their location, opening hours or other access information
- be issued with, or confirm, their unique repository code
Find an archive is a great way to access information within Discovery, which holds more than 32 million descriptions of records held by The National Archives and more than 2,500 archives across the country.
This service replaces the ARCHON Directory.