Clopton Charters ER 3/349 9 June 1673
Deed of sale by Simon Cale of Stratford-upon-Avon, gent., and Anne his wife to Sir Edward Walker, Knt., Garter King of Arms, one of the Clerks of His Majesty's most honourable Privy Council, for £640 of a messuage, three closes and 1½ yard lands in Bishopton, Bishops Hampton, Clopton, Old Stratford, Shottery, Shottery Meadow and Welcom, and 41 lands of arable land, containing 20 acres in the fields of Bishopton.
Witnesses: John Clopton, Edward Harrison, Thomas Newsham, John Woolmer, junior, William Gibson, John Adkins.
Memorandum of delivery of seisin in the presence of William Combe, John Combe, Richard Smithe, Ralph Callow, John Harris.
With bond from Simon Cale to Sir Edward Walker in £1000 to perform covenants.