H.M. Customs and Excise, Newcastle Customs House
|Source of acquisition
||H.M. Customs and Excise, Newcastle
||For records for Shields, and North Shields and Blyth see EX/NS, and for South Shields see EX/NS and EX/SS.
Until 1848 Newcastle was the only Customs House on the River Tyne, after which date a separate Customs House was established for Shields and Blyth, located at South Shields.
EX.NC/1/1-37 Registers of ships, 1786 - 1872 (37 volumes)
Give details of ships registered with name and description (later volumes give further details of construction), owners. Vessels are numbered individually each year. See also EX.NC/2/1-17 and EX.NC/3 below
EX.NC/2/1-17 Transactions registers 1855 - 1931 (17 volumes)
Details of ships sold, transferred etc, with shareholders and other notes. See also EX.NC/3
EX.NC/3 Transfer book 1856 - 1867 (1 volume)
Related to series EX.NC1 above, but used for vessels 26/1856 to 40/1867 to "avoid confusion".
The contents of this catalogue are the copyright of
Tyne and Wear Archives Service
Rights in the Access to Archives database are the property of the Crown, © 2001-2014