Access to Archives

Part of the UK archives network

Parish records: Sayers Common to Slinfold


The hierarchical structure of this catalogue is shown below. See the entire contents of the catalogue

Reference Par
Covering dates 1526-2004
Held by West Sussex Record Office
Extent 14 Sub-fonds
Conditions of access Records are open for consultation unless otherwise indicated



Folder icon  SLINFOLD  Par/176  [n.d.]

These documents are held at West Sussex Record Office

Source of acquisition: The items in sections Par/176/1-7*, 9-16, 21, 24, 25, 31-36, 38, 40, 41, 43 together with Par/176/37/4/15 were deputed by the incumbent, May 1972, October 1974, June 1976 and October 1983
[*The volume in section Par/176/7/52 for 1882 was deposited by the County Librarian in November 1983]
Par/176/2/5 was presented by W.E. Thumwood, Esq., Bedford Hotel, Chichester, January 1978.
The items in sections Par/176/8, 39,49, 51, 53, 54 together with Par/176/37/1-3 were deposited by the Parish Council, 1955, 1971, July 1988 and April 1997.
Par/176/9/9 was presented by Mrs. E. Douglas of Guildford, Surrey, May 1991.
Par/176/30/5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 16, 21, 39, 48 were deposited by Major St. John of Slinfold Lodge, 1953; Par/176/30/104-112 were deposited by Horsham Rural District Council, 1964; and the remainder of Par/176/30/1-116 were deposited by the Parish Council, 1955 and 1971


Creator(s): Church of England, Slinfold Parish, West Sussex; Slinfold Parish Council, West Sussex




The contents of this catalogue are the copyright of West Sussex Record Office
Rights in the Access to Archives database are the property of the Crown, © 2001-2014

The records described on this page are held by West Sussex Record Office