Access to Archives

Part of the UK archives network

PARISH OF MARESFIELD


The hierarchical structure of this catalogue is shown below. See the entire contents of the catalogue

Reference PAR420
Former reference PAR 420
Covering dates 1538-2000
Held by East Sussex Record Office
Source of acquisition Deposited by the incumbent and PCC, 19 November 1973 (ACC 1647), 19 February 1991 (ACC 5646), 25 August 1994 (ACC 6439), 11 February 1998 (ACC 7639), 18 April 2000 (ACC 8120)
Creators Church of England, Maresfield Parish, East Sussex
Related information For plan of gallery of St Bartholomew's, by ?Richard Markwick, see Lambeth Palace Library ICBS 00225 ff 11; for ground plan of St Bartholomew's by John Oldrid Scott, 1879, see Lambeth Palace Library ICBS 08388


Administrative history:
The ancient parish of Maresfield was reduced in size by the creation of the parish of Nutley in 1868 and the consolidated chapelry of Fairwarp in 1901. Prior to 1901 the church at Fairwarp, Christ Church, which had been erected in 1881 to a design of Rhode Hawkins, was served from Maresfield; for a service register of Christ Church, see PAR420/3/2/1


Contents:
Summary of contents:
INCUMBENT
PAR420/1/1 Pre-1812 registers; 1538-1812
PAR420/1/2 Baptism registers; 1813-1885
PAR420/1/3 Marriage registers; 1813-1980
PAR420/1/5 Burial registers; 1813-1888
PAR420/2 Records relating to registers; 1813-1887
PAR420/3 Service registers; 1872-1894
PAR420/6 Income of the benefice; 1790-1822
PAR420/7 Other records; 1664-2000
CHURCHWARDENS
PAR420/8 Rates and accounts; 1840-1882
STATUTORY DEPOSITS
PAR420/21 Tithe records; c1840
SCHOOLS
PAR420/25 Maresfield National School; 1862-1946
PAR420/26 OTHER RECORDS; 1820
OVERSEERS OF THE POOR
PAR420/30 Rates; 1773-1875
PAR420/31 Accounts; 1784-1812
SURVEYORS OF THE HIGHWAYS
PAR420/39 Rates and accounts; 1799-1838
PAR420/41 Other records; 1828




The contents of this catalogue are the copyright of East Sussex Record Office
Rights in the Access to Archives database are the property of the Crown, © 2001-2014

The records described on this page are held by East Sussex Record Office