Access to Archives

Part of the UK archives network

RECORDS OF THE LITTLEMORE ASYLUM


The hierarchical structure of this catalogue is shown below. See the entire contents of the catalogue

Reference H1
Covering dates 1841 - 1948
Held by Oxfordshire Record Office
Extent 125 volumes, bundles and plans
Conditions of access H1/CV3/CO/2 is closed to public inspection until 2047



Folder icon  COMMITTEE OF VISITORS RECORDS  H1/CV1  [n.d.]

These documents are held at Oxfordshire Record Office


Related information: For other minutes see also H1/CV3/A and H1/CV3/X

Administrative history:
The Committee of Visitors (Committee of Visitors) was composed of Justices of the Peace, and after 1888, councillors from those bodies with a share in the Union. The sub-committees were nominated from the Committee of Visitors every year. Although it was the Committee of Visitors who had the theoretically greater authority, including the power to discharge patients, it was the Finance and Repairs Committee which grew to oversee the general decisions affecting the day to day running of the asylum. Both committees were served by the same clerk who kept the minute books and dealt with correspondence.



The contents of this catalogue are the copyright of Oxfordshire Record Office
Rights in the Access to Archives database are the property of the Crown, © 2001-2014

The records described on this page are held by Oxfordshire Record Office