RECORDS OF THE LIVERPOOL HYDRAULIC POWER COMPANY
||Liverpool Hydraulic Power Company
||B/LHPC/1/1 - 10 Inspection Reports 1887 - 1964
B/LHPC/2/1 - 3 Mains Books 1887 - 1954
B/LHPC/3/1 - 2 Service Pipes Books 1887 - 1957
B/LHPC/4/1 Mains Sheets 1932 - 1944
B/LHPC/5/1 Particulars of Trenches and Mains 1936 - 1970
B/LHPC/6/1 Cost Book (?) 1922 - 1938
B/LHPC/7/1 Miscellaneous 1952
||In addition to these records, there are 3 drawers of O.S. 10 ft. plans in the Maritime Archives & Library which show the routes for the mains and a large quantity of machinery and other physical relics are held by the Regional History Department. For an understanding of the technology, reference may be made to A.E. Jarvis, Hydraulic Machines (Shire, 1985).
The firm was established in 1884 and its hydraulic mains served the whole of the business centre of the city, covering 30 miles in all. The central pumping station was in Athol Street. The power it produced was used for lifts, cranes, capstans, machinery and fire protection.
The records comprise inspection reports, records & costs books and miscellaneous items
The contents of this catalogue are the copyright of
National Museums Liverpool, Maritime Archives and Library
Rights in the Access to Archives database are the property of the Crown, © 2001-2013