Small Pox Hospital
|Source of acquisition
||Deposited under the Public Records Act, 1958, in the Greater London Record Office, County Hall, S.E.l 29 August, 1967 (Ac. 67.59)
||Small Pox Hospital
||For further information see The Survey of London, Vol.XXIV, p 114, History and Description of the Parish of Clerkenwell by Thomas Cromwell, 1828, and Charities Digests.
Note: The hospital to which the first three registers listed below relate was situated in the parish of St. Pancras on the site of the present King's Cross Station. The institution had moved here from Windmill Street, Tottenham Court Road, in 1746, and had been rebuilt c. 1793-4 when it received patients from the Cold Bath Fields Hospital in Clerkenwell, a foundation originating in Islington in 1740.
The hospital moved from King's Cross to Highgate Hill c.1846, and from there to Clare Hall, South Minns c.1895-9. It was acquired by the Middlesex Districts Joint Small Pox Hospital Board c.1900-10. Clare Hall Hospital is now under the control of the Barnet Group Hospital Management Committee.
The contents of this catalogue are the copyright of
London Metropolitan Archives
Rights in the Access to Archives database are the property of the Crown, © 2001-2013