Access to Archives

Part of the UK archives network

Records of CHELTENHAM GENERAL HOSPITAL


The hierarchical structure of this catalogue is shown below. See the entire contents of the catalogue

Reference HO 3
Held by Gloucestershire Archives
Source of acquisition (Acc. 3507)
Deposited by the General Administrator, Cheltenham General Hospital, April 1977
Creators Cheltenham General Hospital


Administrative history:
The Cheltenham Provident dispensary was founded in 1813, and in 1839 was moved to Seward House and renamed Cheltenham General Hospital. From 1849 the hospital has been housed in premises in Sandford Road. It took over the operation of the Cheltenham Ophthalmic Hospital c.1882, and was itself brought under the control of the National Health Service in 1948. The buildings have been extended many times, and the hospital is still in existence [1979].




The contents of this catalogue are the copyright of Gloucestershire Archives
Rights in the Access to Archives database are the property of the Crown, © 2001-2014

The records described on this page are held by Gloucestershire Archives