HEFFERSTON GRANGE SANATORIUM, later THE GRANGE HOSPITAL, Weaverham
||Hefferston Grange Sanatorium, 1921-?1948; Grange Hospital, Warrington, ?1948-
Hefferston Grange Sanatorium was established by Warrington County Borough in 1921 for the treatment of tuberculosis cases (see LBWa 26/8). After 1948 it was administered by its own Hospital Management Committee until 1957, by North and Mid Cheshire HMC from 1957 to 1968 and by South Cheshire HMC from 1968 to 1974. With the reform of the NHS in 1974 it became part of Crewe District of Cheshire Area Health Authority; when that body was abolished in 1982, it passed to Crewe District Health Authority. In 1983 it had 84 beds, principally for geriatric patients.
Scrapbook, principally re Hefferston Grange Little Theatre NHC/3/3846/1 1948-1960
The contents of this catalogue are the copyright of
Cheshire and Chester Archives and Local Studies Service
Rights in the Access to Archives database are the property of the Crown, © 2001-2014