Access to Archives

Part of the UK archives network

Records of St. Margaret's Parish Church, Fletton


The hierarchical structure of this catalogue is shown below. See the entire contents of the catalogue

Reference HP28
Covering dates 1604-1975
Held by Cambridgeshire County Record Office, Huntingdon
Extent 118 Items
Source of acquisition The records were deposited by the parish as accession 3406 and 3440 in 1985 and accession 4413 in 1995.
This revised catalogue only includes items deposited by the Church.
Creators Church of England, St Margaret's Parish Church, Fletton


Administrative history:
Fletton is an ancient parish within the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon. Until 1837 it was part of the Diocese of Lincoln; since 1837 it has been part of the Diocese of Ely.
Fletton belonged to Peterborough Poor Law Union from 1836 until 1930. From 1874-1894 the parish was split between Peterborough Urban Sanitary District, Peterborough Rural Sanitary District and Peterborough Municipal Borough, which was part of the Soke of Peterborough Administrative County (1889-1894). The part formally covered by the Municipal Borough became Old Fletton Urban District, 1894-1938. Fletton Rural, the part not covered by the Municipal Borough, was in the Norman Cross Rural District 1895-1905 and Old Fletton Urban District 1905-1938. In 1938 the district was renamed Fletton. Since 1974 the parish has been within Huntingdonshire District.




The contents of this catalogue are the copyright of Cambridgeshire County Record Office, Huntingdon
Rights in the Access to Archives database are the property of the Crown, © 2001-2014

The records described on this page are held by Cambridgeshire County Record Office, Huntingdon