Access to Archives

Part of the UK archives network

Clophill Parish Records, Bedfordshire


The hierarchical structure of this catalogue is shown below. See the entire contents of the catalogue

Reference P45
Covering dates 1236 - 1992
Held by Bedfordshire and Luton Archives and Record Service
Extent 225 files


No further details   Plan of seating in Clophill church "as existing", by Frank W. Knight, architect, 3 Verulam Buildings, Grays Inn, London. (no. 055361)  P45/2/38  May 1937
No further details   Ground plan of Clophill church, and small-size copy (c.f. P45/2/34b for similar plan of old church)  P45/2/39  n.d. [c.1958]

Folder icon  File of receipted bills and vouchers for work on the church.  P45/2/40  1955 - 1962


Contents:
Including those of Stonebridge & Harris, architects; Samuel Foster Ltd., Kempston (£58 in 1955); A.W. Elliott (Steeplejacks) & Co. Ltd., Nottingham (£722 for external repairs, 1956); Mears & Stainbank, Whitechapel Bell foundry (moving bell from old church to new, £123 in May 1957); A. Fensome & Son, Bedford (various works 1957-1962); George Wrycroft, builders (£308 in 1959); John Gedge, architect (1959-62); and A. Fensome (repairs to south aisle roof, £812, in 1962)


No further details   Papers concerning the consecration of the Memorial Chapel of St. Alban in Clophill church by the Archbishop in Jerusalem on 17 June 1958, including signed order of service, letters, and seating plan etc.  P45/2/41  April-July 1958
No further details   Quinquennial inspection report on the church, by John Gedge, architect, Bedford  P45/2/42  July-October 1960
No further details   Drawing by Hilton Wright & Ingham, London, showing suggested new position of font in Clophill church  P45/2/43  April 1961
No further details   Quinquennial inspection report on the church, by John Gedge, architect, Bedford  P45/2/45  November 1965

The contents of this catalogue are the copyright of Bedfordshire and Luton Archives and Record Service
Rights in the Access to Archives database are the property of the Crown, © 2001-2014

The records described on this page are held by Bedfordshire and Luton Archives and Record Service