Access to Archives

Part of the UK archives network

St. Matthias Church, Bristol


The hierarchical structure of this catalogue is shown below. See the entire contents of the catalogue

Reference P/StMat
Covering dates 1847 - 1940
Held by Bristol Record Office
Extent 14 vols, 11 Docts, 7 items, 3 Bdls
Conditions of access THESE RECORDS ARE IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE FOR RESEARCH
Source of acquisition Deposited by the churchwardens, 12 February 1981
Creators Church of England, St Matthias' Parish, Bristol


Administrative history:
The parish of St. Matthias, formerly The Weir District, was created out of St. Paul, St.Peter and St.Philip and St.Jacob in 1846. It was united with St.Jude in 1937, with St.Jude to be the parish church and St. Matthias to be demolished. The church was closed on the 24th June 1940.


Contents:
Registers
Incumbent
Churchwardens
Charities
Schools




The contents of this catalogue are the copyright of Bristol Record Office
Rights in the Access to Archives database are the property of the Crown, © 2001-2014

The records described on this page are held by Bristol Record Office