Deed of enfranchisement
1. Benjamin Harrison of Callgarth, Windermere, gent and Mary his wife, Jane Halsell of Callgarth, widow, John Stanley of Windermere, clerk and Clare, his wife and Jane Phillipson of Callgarth, spinster.
2. Rob[er]t Gurnell of Spoonerclose, Cartmel, Lancashire, yeoman, James Birket of Wood, Cartmel, yeoman.
3. Richard Dixon, Stephen Ellerey, Miles Dixon, Thomas Willson, Robert Birkett, Anthony Garnett, William Hodgson, William Atkinson, yeomen, Mary Atkinson widow and Peter Strickland, all of Winster, John Braithwate of Windermere, Stephen Cowperth[w]aite of Kentmere, yeomen.
4. John Taylor of Plumbgreen in Furness-Fells, and Myles Birket of Wood, Cartmel, both in Lancashire, yeomen, trustees for enfranchisement.
Recitals:- (1) are seised of Manor of Winster and (2) and (3) are customary tenants;
- (2) and (3) have contracted with (1) for absolute purchase of premises.
Premises: one messuage now in tenure of Richard Dixon at yearly customary rent of 13s. 5½d., five messuages in tenure of Robert Gurnell at customary rent of 18s. 5½d., messuage in tenure of Thomas Willson at rent of 5s. 9¾d., two messuages in tenure of Stephen Ellerey at rent of 6s. 9d., one close called the Ridding with appurts. near Bryan houses in tenure of Stephen Ellerey at rent of 3½d., two messuages in tenure of Myles Dixon at rent of 4s. 0½d., messuage in tenure of Robert Birket at rent of 1s. 2d., water corn-mill with appurts. in tenure of Robert Birket at rent of 6½d., two closes called Gubland